About The Excel Center
Our Mission: Provide adult high school students diplomas, support, and career potential
“The mission of The Excel Center of Northern Indiana is to provide adults the coursework and support needed to earn an Indiana High School diploma to pursue career and college pathways.”
The mission of The Excel Center is to provide adults the opportunity and support to earn a high school diploma and pursue post-secondary education while developing career paths that offer greater employment and career growth opportunities. Our schools “meet students where they are” in their education by providing a flexible structure and supportive relationships to help students manage work, life, and family concerns as they achieve their educational goals.
Our Vision: Education, support, and career potential for adult high school students
Thousands of individuals drop out of high school each year, crippling their career potential as employers seek workers with higher skills and specialization. As part of our commitment to enhance career potential and access to high-growth jobs for high school dropouts, The Excel Center provides adult high school students in Michiana with accelerated learning, opportunities for post-secondary education, and individualized career planning.
The Excel Center is operated by Goodwill LEADS, Inc. LEADS is an acronym for Learn, Educate, Advance, and Develop Students.
Goodwill LEADS, Inc. Board Members
- Juliann Jankowski, Chair
- Bishop Eddie Miller, Faith Apostolic Ministries, Vice Chair
- Joseph T. Barkman, Oaklawn Psychiatric Center Secretary/Treasurer
- Anthony Allison, Crowe Horwath
- Rolla Baumgartner
- Debie Coble, Goodwill Industries of Michiana
- Louis Gonzalez, Ivy Tech Community College East Chicago
- Mary Pat Latowski, SYM Financial Corporation
- Ann Carol Nash, Leone Halpin, LLP
- Marguerite Taylor, Robinson Community Learning Center