When you commit to coming here, we commit to getting you there.
When you commit to coming here,
we commit to getting you there.
Who We Are
We are teachers who will give you the personal attention you need to succeed.
We are life coaches who cheer you on as you reach your goals.
We are allies who eliminate the fears and obstacles standing in your way.
All Conquered by The Excel Center:
What if I have an IEP?
How will I get to school?
What if I fail?
Will I be able to keep my job?
Here’s How We Do It
We pair you with a life coach who will listen to your goals and help you succeed.
We offer accelerated and multiple-credit class options that allow you to finish faster.
And While You’re Here, You Can Receive:
Multiple Credits In Classes
Face-to-face Instruction with Licensed Teachers
College Credits and/or Career Certifications
Post High School Placement Assistance - either career or college
Free Child Care While in Class
Transportation Assistance for Those Who Qualify
The Excel Center is operated by Goodwill LEADS, Inc. (Learn, Educate, Advance, and Develop Students) We couldn’t do it without them.
Goodwill LEADS, Inc. Board Members are:
• Mary Pat Latowski, Chair
• Rolla Baumgarten, Vice Chair
• Juliann Jankowski, Board Member
• Joseph T. Barkman, Oaklawn Psychiatric Center, Secretary/Treasurer
• Marguerite Taylor, Robinson Community Learning Center, Board Member
• Debie Coble, Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Board Member
• Louis Gonzalez, Ivy Tech Community College East Chicago, Board Member
• Mary Pat Latowski, SYM Financial Corporation, Board Member
• Ann Carol Nash, Halpin Slagh, PC, Board Member
• Anthony Allison, Crowe Horwath, Board Member