ACADEMICS AT THE EXCEL CENTER
Licensed instructors facilitate learning in language arts, mathematics, science and social studies. Course content is often bundled and class times are extended, enabling students to earn credits at a faster rate. Day and evening courses are offered Monday-Thursday with Fridays available for extra tutoring and support. Schedules are year-round with five 8-week terms.
The Excel Center® helps students enter career pathways such as:
- Patient Access
- Logistics Readiness Certification
- Project Management Essentials
- Fundamentals for Materials Handling and Warehousing
- Pharmacy Technician
- Electrical Systems Technician Certification
- Information Technology CompTIA and others.
Students may enroll in dual credit courses to begin their career pathway or post-secondary education. Post-secondary courses are offered at no cost to students.
Each student is assigned a life coach. Our life coaches are compassionate and trained professionals who address life barriers and issues that may have caused students to drop out of high school in the past. Coaches are responsible for keeping students engaged and motivated to earn their high school diploma. Individual Education Plans for each student are developed by our life coaches.
Special Education at The Excel Center
The Excel Center provides an exceptional level of Special Education services to meet our goal of preparing all of our students for success. Features of Special Education Services include:
- Special Education coordinators in every school help each student reach his or her full potential
- Dual licensed teachers who are both content experts and specially trained in teaching Special Education students.
- Integrating Special Education students in the general curriculum whenever possible, and supporting them in meeting the same curriculum and assessment expectation as their peers.
English Language Learners
Based on the Home Language Survey and WIDA Assessment, we develop an Individual Learning Plan for each student, designed to help him or her reach proficiency in the English language.
Earn Your High School Diploma with College and Career Readiness
In addition to earning a high school diploma, students at The Excel Center learn the general skills necessary in 21st-century workplaces. The Albert G. and Sara I. Reuben College and Career Readiness centers ensure all students have access to supportive staff and advanced technology. These tools help prepare students for educational and employment opportunities that lead to financial independence.
College and Career Readiness Centers Offer:
- Leadership development and mentoring
- Career exploration and counseling
- Soft-skills and pre-employment training
- Employment assistance and training
- Resume preparation
- College admissions guidance and counseling
- Enrollment in pre-college programs for college credit and certification courses
- College-level coursework
- Financial aid counseling and scholarship research assistance
- ACT and other test preparation
- College application assistance/college placement
- Vocational training placement
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Getting started is fast and easy. Click to apply!